A fundraiser to help end homelessness on behalf of Garden State Episcopal CDC & Covenant House NJ. Enjoy mask making, cocktails and sound by Dancing Tony!
Hudson County Interfaith
HOMELESS MEMORIAL SERVICE
FRIDAY, December 19, at 1:00pm
Location: Old Bergen Church
One Highland Avenue, Jersey City
We invite you to participate:
- Forward Names of Deceased Homeless or formerly Homeless persons.
- Please donate new THERMALS, SOCKS, HATS, SCARVES, GLOVES, TOILETRIES to be distributed to the Homeless Please drop-off gifts, by Monday, December 15. For Drop-Off-Location and further info, please email firstname.lastname@example.org, or call 201-604-2600, ext. 203
- Help sort and bag up donations during the week leading up to the Service Please email for schedule.
- Help prepare for Service & Reception; and/or Serve Lunch; and/or Clean Up. Location: Old Bergen Church, One Highland Ave., FRIDAY, December 19, morning & afternoon. Please email for schedule.
- Bake & Bring Cookies
- Please Spread the Word (via Social Media, as well as email, word-of-mouth, etc.)
To Participate or for more info:
email email@example.com or call 201-604-2600, x. 203 or 201-668-0546
Thank You for whatever you can do!
National Homeless Memorial Day commemorates the First Day of Winter, Longest Night of the Year, and the start of another long, cold, painful season for the Homeless. A coalition led by Garden State Episcopal Community Development Corporation will hold Hudson County's Sixth Annual Homeless Persons' Memorial Day commemoration, an Inter-Faith Service to include remembrances of homeless neighbors, friends & loved ones who have passed away.
Ending Homelessness, One Life at a Time
Every autumn, the days get shorter and the nights get longer. As we warm our homes for the holidays, it gets colder on the streets. For people with nowhere to live, life gets harder and harder. At Garden State Episcopal CDC, we are working to change that.
We need your support for our Longest Night Campaign: Ending Homelessness, One Life at a Time. We will launch this season of giving on November 21st, 2013 at 6 pm at Casino in the Park, 1 Nunda Ave, Jersey City, NJ 07304. This event will kick off one month of raising awareness on the plight of homelessness, raising funds to end this crisis and collecting much needed supplies, all culminating in our annual Homeless Memorial Service which will be held during the week of December 21st, 2013 – the winter solstice, the longest night of the year, and the national homeless memorial.
In order to make this effort a success, we are asking for support and assistance from the entire community. You can help by becoming an event sponsor, purchasing an Ad for our program that will reach hundreds of business and community leaders, donating items for our silent auction, and purchasing a ticket to attend this event.
On behalf of the Longest Night Campaign Committee, our Honorary Committee Chair, Hudson County Executive Thomas A. DeGise, and those with no place to call home, thank you.
The GSECDC Emergency Food Pantry will be open for distribution on the third Saturday of the month from 9am to 1pm for qualifying households.